This is one of our Permanent jobs
Job detailsSous Chef required for a 3* Hotel Powys. Salary from £28,000, live in accommodation is available.
A well established hotel located in Powys are looking for a hard working Sous Chef to join their kitchen brigade to provide support to the team.
The hotel has up to 200 covers in the restaurant. You will be using all fresh produce and will be working in a team of 13.
- As the Sous Chef you will need to ensure the efficient and smooth running of the kitchen alongside the Head Chef.
- Helping the Head Chef to develop new dishes and menus.
- Assist the head chef in minimising wastage at all stages of food production implementing sufficient controls, keeping records and making reports as required.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the kitchen team with particular attention to the allocation of their duties and specific tasks.
- Train and develop staff to achieve high standards of quality food production by teaching new skills and developing new dishes.
- Demonstrate and maintain high standards of cooking to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- You will adhere to company standards and procedures.
- You will be able to confidently support the Head Chef and take control of the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef.
- A positive can do attitude is very important and you will be training and managing the junior chefs.
- We are looking for someone with a steady career history and a competent all-rounder, able to cover all sections, have menu ideas and have some knowledge of GP's and hygiene legislation.
- Ability to work unsupervised and have strong management skills.
- Up to date with health and hygiene, dietary requirements and allergens.
- Adhere to strict health and hygiene throughout the kitchen.