This is one of our Permanent jobs
Job detailsSous Chef for a traditional Pub located in Lancashire
Our client’s caters for up to 80 covers on weekdays and 250 covers on weekends. Using 75% fresh food, you will be working alongside a kitchen team of 5.
This traditional Pub is looking for a Sous Chef used to working in a busy environment.
Duties of the Job:
- Assist the Head Chef with the day to day running of the kitchen and to take over in Head Chef's absence.
- Work across all sections of the kitchen, providing support and guidance where needed.
- Adopt and maintain the strict food safety and hygiene protocols.
- Ensure consistent quality through a hands on approach to prep and service.
- Assist with the training and development of the junior members of the team.
- Helping with menu development.
- Work with the Head Chef to develop the business.
- Previous experience as Sous Chef in a busy pub.
- Running the kitchen in the head chef’s absence.
- Have good time keeping, personal and man management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Level 2 Food Hygiene certificate.