This is one of our Permanent jobs
Senior Sous Chef required for a Boutique Hotel in Shropshire. Salary up to £30.000, free live in accommodation.
Our client is looking for a Senior Sous Chef to join their kitchen brigade of 4. The Boutique Hotel has a 80 seater 2 rosette restaurant + al fresco dining. Small function room. You will be using all fresh produce to create seasonal dishes.
Duties of the job:
- Assist the Head Chef with the day to day running of the kitchen and to take over in Head Chef's absence.
- Work across all sections of the kitchen, providing support and guidance where needed.
- Ensure consistent quality through a hands on approach to prep and service.
- Assist with the training and development of the junior members of the team.
- Help with menu creation- bringing ideas to the table using all fresh seasonal produce whilst being aware of dietary requirements and allergies.
- Adopt and maintain the strict food safety and hygiene protocols.
- Ensure all daily checklists and HACCP are complete (i.e. date labelling, temperature checks, probe calibration).
- Stock take and costings.
What we need from you:
- To be from a 2 rosette background or equivalent.
- You will be able to support the Head Chef and take control of the kitchen in the Head Chef's absence whilst managing and encouraging the Junior chefs.
- Excellent communication skills.
- You will have the ability to work unsupervised with strong management skills.
- It is important that you are a team player with a steady career history.
- To be update with health and hygiene, allergens and dietary requirements.