This is one of our Permanent jobs
Job detailsPassionate Head Chef required for 3* Hotel in Aberdeenshire.
The 3* Hotel has 60 bedrooms, 80 cover all fresh restaurant, 70 cover bar area and a private dining room for up to 40. You will be managing a small kitchen team.
As Head Chef you will ensure the consistent preparation of innovative and creative cuisine of the highest standard of quality, presentation and flavour, resulting in outstanding guest satisfaction.
- You will have responsibility for the smooth running of the entire kitchen through managing orders, stock and waste control, hygiene practices as well as carry out training within the department.
- Supervise all kitchen staff with storage, preparation and cooking of all food items for the Hotel, whilst adhering to all Health and Food Safety areas.
- Understanding and being aware at all times of food costs and percentages and understand how daily departmental costs influence profit and loss results.
- To ensure all areas are clean and tidy after service.
- To be actively involved in menu development.
- Work closely with Executive Chef, Food and Beverage Managers.
- Attend the daily morning meetings and other administrative sessions as required
- An understanding of Scottish and British traditional dishes is welcome but not essential.
- Experience of wood fire cooking is preferred although not essential
- The desire to train and mentor junior team members.
- Maintaining the high standards at all-times along with health and safety.
- Delegate as appropriate to develop the team, and meet clearly defined goals and objectives.
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills to lead
Salary from £35,000, temporary accommodation is available for 6 months.