This is one of our Permanent jobs
Job detailsCommis Chef required for a 4* Boutique Hotel in Cumbria
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a hardworking Commis Chef to join this boutique hotel with 20 bedrooms, 100 cover restaurant. You will be using all fresh produce and working a in a team of 9.
This is a great opportunity for a developing Commis chef looking to gain experience, and kick-start your career. If you take pride in the food you make, have a desire to work with fresh food and would like to work for a company who value their employees, then this is the role for you.
As Commis Chef you will be responsible for assisting the talented Head Chef and his team in the day to day running of the kitchen which will include stock control, support in menu planning, health and safety, a great opportunity to progress within this team.
- To be able to work as part of a team is a important factor as you will be working directly with senior members of staff to achieve targets. You will also be able to adhere to strict health and safety hygiene procedures and support in deliveries whilst following storage guidelines.
- You will assist the Chef de Partie & Sous Chefs in the daily preparation and service of food, ensuring that the highest standards are maintained at all times, and to ensure that your designated section, equipment and utensils are always kept clean and tidy to the standards required.
- Previous Commis Chef experience is essential for this position, ideally gained from a good quality, fresh food operation. It is important that you are eager to learn and willing to help the senior chefs where required.
What we need from you
- Good time keeping.
- To be willing to learn and progress.
- Happy to move on all sections of the kitchen under supervision.
- To be a team player.
- To be smart clean and tidy.
- Adhere to strict hygiene throughout the kitchen.